(Image: Chow Hound)
Do you love big family dinners but hate doing the dishes? A fish stew is perfect as it all boils down to one big pot. Plus, it's light, refreshing, loved by kids and adults. Here is a super quick fish stew recipe from chef Danielle Alvarez :
- Fry up your aromatics : Onions, garlic, fennel and chilli flakes until soft
- Splash in your liquids : White wine, canned tomatoes and some fish stock
- Leave it to boil
- Add clams and muscles or lobster if you like and steam until the clams open up
- Add slices of white fish and leave to boil for another 5 minutes.
You can serve this up in a bowl by itself but it can also go great with rice or buttered toast!
(Image: Simply Recipes)
A Shepherd’s pie is another easy dish that can feed many while not wrecking up your kitchen. This classic English pie with meat and potatoes will make everyone’s tummy full! Try out this easy recipe from Elise Bauer:
- Peel and cut the potatoes to quarters. Boil the potatoes in a large pot and make sure each piece is covered in the water. Season the boiling water with salt and leave for 20 minutes.
- When the potatoes are nice and tender, drain out the water and put the potatoes back in the pot. Mash the potatoes with a fork or a masher then stir it in butter and milk until a gummy texture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat some butter in a hot pan and saute your veggies of onions, carrots and celery.
- Cook some minced beef in the pan and add Worcestershire sauce and beef broth.
- Boil for 10 minutes
- Move the meat mixture into a pan and let cool
- Layer the mashed potatoes on the meat evenly
- Bake in the oven at 170℃ for 30 minutes
These are some easy recipes that you can make for your Christmas party. All your guests are guaranteed to love them. Good food is the highlight of any party! Enjoy the holiday and have fun!