5 FACTS You NEED TO KNOW About 12.12 Sales

Back in 2014, sites like Lazada and Zalora and a bunch of large online marketplaces, launched an online shopping revolution. The first double 12 sale was a huge success and since then this virtual event has been celebrated widely every year and is one of the biggest online shopping carnivals in South Asian Online Market.

Here is what we know on the yearly 12.12 sale:

  • The fastest delivery time for an order bought online during a 12.12 Sale is 39 minutes. This is a record for the fastest delivery ever recorded for Lazada Malaysia. Even if you may not be so lucky to get your order within 39 minutes, you can still get your parcels pretty quick as Lazada Malaysia also offers same-day delivery service. Of course, the service does come with a few caveats, one of them being the order must be placed before 1pm.

(Image: memegenerator.net)

  • Last year, the traffic growth was more than 800% higher on major e-commerce websites compared to the other dates in December during the same time. This was reported from ShopBack, which is a Cashback platform and app. ShopBack has over two million users in Malaysia, and during the 12.12 sale, ShopBack partnered more than 500 e-merchants in Malaysia.

(Image: Woveon.com)

  • Of the transactions, 95% of the buyers did via an app, while the remaining 5% used web transactions in the first hour of 12.12 sales last year. There are many benefits to purchasing using an app such as convenience, speed and a more personalized experience.

(Image: TechRepublic)

  • Do you know that Shopee, the leading e-commerce platform in Southeast Asia and Taiwan, have two reasons to celebrate the 12.12? Firstly, their birthday which luckily is on the same day as the largest year end sale ever! Secondly, they broke records with 80 million items sold during their 12.12 Birthday Sale where 80 million visits were recorded in 24 hours. So called killing two birds with one stone!

(Image: Shopee Malaysia)

  • During the 11.11 sale in 2019, 26 different brands on Lazada made more than USD 1 mil (MYR 4,074,000.00) in sales. The best part is that the milestone was achieved during the first hour. This may have been the case for last year but perhaps it will be even more for 2020!
(Image: HopeLeo.com)


Share this post